How motivated is your staff? The more productive they are, the more efficient they are, which is why employee engagement is such a big deal in the workplace. As a manager, how can you inspire your employees to perform well? Keep reading for six methodologies to consider.
6 Ways to Boost Employee Engagement
Here are six ways to boost employee engagement in the workplace:
- Partner with them. Instead of just telling them to “do this” or “do that,” treat them as a partner. Listen to their ideas and feedback, give them the freedom to decide how they’ll do their job and treat each and every one of them as an important team member.
- Keep them in the loop. Everyone likes to be in the know, so let them know what the plan is. Transparency will help your employees feel like they are important to the organization, so give them as much information as you can about how your business makes and loses, strategies you have in mind and how they fit into the overall big picture.
- Give them feedback. Make it a regular practice to sit down with each employee and go over their areas of strengths and places they can improve. If they’re struggling in a particular area, help them come up with ways to improve so they feel like they’re supported by both management and the company as a whole.
- Be true to your word. If you tell your employees something, follow through. In addition to showing them that you care about what’s important to them, this shows them your integrity and helps establish that you’re trustworthy. It’s better to tell them you don’t know if what they’re asking is possible than to over-promise and under-deliver.
- Consider the atmosphere. As you think about your workplace, what type of environment is it? Does it inspire success and productivity by being enjoyable, transparent and honest? If an employee has an idea, really listen to their suggestions and, if possible, implement them as a way of showing them how much you value their ideas. Also make time to meet all together regularly to help build camaraderie within the workplace.
- Be grateful. Showing a little appreciation goes a long way. Letting your employees know they’re valuable is a great way to increase employee engagement! Whenever you notice them doing something well, sincerely thank them verbally or write a quick email or note letting them know you noticed and appreciate their great work.
What is your workplace like? Are your employees engaged? Creating a thriving, productive work environment is definitely possible! If you have any other suggestions, share them in the comments below. We’d love to hear from you.
About Josephine’s Professional Staffing
Founded in 1988, Josephine’s Professional Staffing has nearly 25 years of business success and is continuously committed to providing superior quality staffing solutions to companies in the Bay Area. We proactively and consistently search for avenues to provide staffing solutions in the field of administrative, accounting, healthcare, light industrial, technical and professional services while taking pride in each of our employees. Josephine’s Professional Staffing is a Certified Small Business Enterprise (SBE), Underutilized Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (UDBE), and Minority Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (MWOBE). We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408.943.0111 and are located at 2158 Ringwood Avenue, San Jose, CA 95131
Photo Credit: thetaxhaven