The warmer days of spring and summer are upon us, and surely your office is buzzing with extra excitement as employees share about summer plans, vacations and time outdoors. While your workplace might be extra busy in the summertime, it’s still important to encourage a healthy work life balance for your team members. Here are four strategies for keeping them happy, engaged and productive.
4 Ways to Increase Work Life Balance
- Get Employees’ Opinions: If you’re implementing a work life balance initiative for the summer months, how do you know what to include? The best way to find out is to directly ask your team members. Host an informal survey to find out what perks your workers are seeking.
- Allow Some Flexibility: While a flexible schedule may frighten employers because they worry employees will come and go as they please, adding flex time doesn’t have to be so scary. Offer a late-start or early workday release during the summer, and have employees sign up so you are aware of their schedule in advance.
- Host Outdoor Meetings: If you can’t let your team members off early for some outdoor activities, you can at least encourage this behavior during the workday. Take your next staff meeting outside so workers can enjoy some fresh air and sunshine.
- Be a Role Model: As a manager or employer, your actions set the tone for the rest of your workplace. Remaining on email even while on vacation shows your team members that you expect them to do the same. If you truly want your employees to foster a healthy work life balance by taking paid time off and going on vacation, you also need to check out when you’re out of the office.
As Harvard Business Review notes, “Employees were more likely to stay with an organization if their bosses encouraged them to take breaks and use their vacation time, and especially if [the leaders] modeled these behaviors themselves.”
What strategies do you have to share about encouraging work life balance at your company? Please share in the comments below; we’d love to hear about them!
In the meantime, here is a list of the employment opportunities we have available for the month of June, ranging from careers in healthcare to sales support.
JPS’ Available Job Openings in June
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Medical Assistant
- Surgical Technician
- Member Services Representative
- Material Handler – Warehouse
- Mechanical Assembler
- Project Accountant
- Project Engineer
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control with Water Treatment Experience
- Administrative Assistant
- Account Clerk
- Customer Service Representative with SAP experienced
- Sales Support Representative
- Quality Assurance Supervisor, Bilingual in Spanish/Portuguese
Interested in Applying?
Do any of these June job openings sound like a good fit for your skills? If you’d like to apply for any of these open positions, we would love to hear from you! Complete our online application and include your resume. If we think you’re a good candidate, one of our staffing managers will contact you for a telephone interview. Want to make sure your resume is the best it can be? See our helpful advice here.
We’re excited to hear from you! Contact us with any questions or concerns.